What is the one thing that is stopping you from starting over? Is it being afraid of the unknown? You done it once before and failed? Not having enough money to see it through? Been in it so long that you do not believe you can get out? Starting over can be a challenge and blessing at the same time. The idea of leaving something that is so familiar makes you second guess why you wanted to start over in the first place. You make up every excuse in the world on how “NOW” isn’t the time to take your life apart and put it back together.
Think of it this way, you are blocking your own growth by allowing the fear of change stop you from moving forward. Our comfort zone makes us feel that we can hang on a little longer or the situation isn’t that bad so we continue stay in it until something forces us to change. The blessing is you get the chance to do it right the second (or hundred) time around and put pieces in place to get back on track.
Don’t be afraid to let go of what is broken and rebuild again.
Here are 5 things that will assist you on your journey on starting over:
- Seek professional counsel. Seek out someone who specializes in the thing you want to overcome.
- Develop a plan. Once you are ready to start over, work with your counselor on developing a plan of action to walk you through your journey.
- Get an accountability partner. Find a mentor/friend/coach who will walk along side of you when times get hard, encourage you when you need it, and check-in on you to make sure you are on track.
- Read/Listen to self-development books. Keep your mind sharp by reading/listening to books that will motivate you, allows you to see your growth, and give you the momentum you need to push forward.
- Believe. This journey you started will not happen overnight. Trust the process and believe with consistent work, you will make it through.
If you are currently going through an obstacle that is preventing you from getting back on track, go to www.arvillabeckworth.com and select Discovery Call. I will help you create a Personal Development Plan you can achieve!