As a Woman, Mom, and Wife, I have faced some anxiety and stress.
My most significant breakdown was in 2020. I had so much on my plate, and I wasn’t taking care of myself. My body shut itself down, and I had to take two weeks off work to get myself back on track.
I firmly believe that if you don’t master your emotions/health, they will master you.
Managing your stress and anxiety is a key part of becoming a successful woman.
Here are some things I have used that helped me in managing my stress & anxiety:
- Tip #1 Aim to get 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. When our body is working on less than 4 hours of sleep, it will cause you to become irritated, make mistakes, and have low energy. 1 hour before going to bed, turn off any electronics, and allow your body to wind down.
- Tip #2 Add self-care to your weekly routine. Just like your phone needs to recharge, so does your body. Find 1-2 activities that will renew your mind and body.
- Tip #3 Get up and move! Exercise is the quickest way to attack stress. It releases endorphins in your body that help lower your stress and anxiety plus improve your sleep. Set aside 30-60 minutes a day to move your body. Get outside and walk. Dance at home. Play with your kids. Just do something to move your body?
- Tip # 4 Write things down. A lot of our stress comes from being overwhelmed. Take those things you have in your head and put them on paper. It will give you a way to process what is going on and then find a way to fix it.
- Tip # 5 Be social. During stressful times don’t be alone. Spending time with family and friends and allow them to help you work out your stress. They may not have the answers but they can be a stress reliever.
Thankfully, I now have much better control of my stress. I’m not perfect, but things have definitely got a lot better. I am able to bounce back much faster.