Have you heard the saying ” The grass is greener on the other side”? Well it is true, but did you know the grass is also greener where you are too? You just have to water it. We all start off with green grass but over time, we neglected it and it starts to turn brown.
We always think that someone else life is better than ours. We peak over at “their yard” and it is green, manicured, and lushes. We even start to envy their lifestyle and wonder why ours is not so hot.
I learned in life to never envy someone else grass because you don’t know what it took to get it that green nor how much it cost to maintain it. Just know that some type of work was involved.
If we really found out what goes on in their life, we may not want their life after all and find out it is not green after all. It may be fake grass and it’s just for show.
Everyday you get up, you have the opportunity to make your life (grass) as beautiful as you want. Do not short change yourself by letting life get in the way causing you to neglect yard. You have to be discipline and water it.
Here are a few things that will help you water your grass:
- Stop envying the next person. You have the same 24 hours they do and can do the same things they do. The game changer is being disciplined and wanting a better life. You do not know what they went through to get to where they are or may not want to make the sacrifice they had to make to get there.
- Pay attention. Once you recognize that your life is not where you want it to be, take the time and give it some attention. Your life does not work on auto pilot. You have to give it the attention it needs to be healthy. Just like watering the grass, if you don’t have a system in place to water the grass everyday, it will eventually die.
- Write down your ideal life. Put what you want to see in life on paper and hang it somewhere so you can see it everyday. Keep the goal in front of you so you do not get off track. Seeing it will help you believe it achievable.
- Don’t give up. Keeping working on yourself until you see results (even if the grass is still brown). It will not happen overnight. By working on small steps, you will see small wins that will result into accomplishing a goal.
- Desire to have more. Sometimes wanting more out of life will help you reach a higher level. Low level thinking will keep you at a low level mindset. It is easy to play it safe and just stay where you are. Level up and want more.
Believe that you have grass that is worthy to be seen. Never discount how valuable you are and what you can obtain if you will just water your own grass. It may cost to keep it green, but your worth the water bill!